Cointreau is the iconic orange liqueur at the heart of more than 500 of the world’s most celebrated cocktails, including The Original Margarita, The Cosmopolitan, and The Sidecar. Beloved by mixologists and bartenders worldwide, Cointreau is the #1 branded product in Margaritas on menus nationwide and is growing at 4 times the pace of the Cordials category in retail. To ensure continued growth and success, Cointreau is looking for a high-performing Brand Manager to join this dynamic & innovative team and to be responsible for building the commercial marketing program for the brand across the Americas region.
Cointreau is part of Rémy Cointreau, a French spirits group with a portfolio of exceptional brands, such as The House of Rémy Martin, Cointreau, Mount Gay Rum, and many others. Each of these brands embodies unique expertise and heritage, but all share the same love of terroir and a culture of excellence.
To learn more about Cointreau, visit www.cointreau.com or follow Cointreau on Instagram and Twitter via @cointreau_us and on Facebook via @cointreauus.
he Brand Manager will play a key role in building the Cointreau brand in the US; developing and implementing brand marketing plans and programs, driving both brand equity and commercial performance. This role is responsible for the planning and execution of all below-the-line marketing and trade activations, including the development and management of quarterly trade and retail programming for the on and off premise (POS, retailer specific programming, sampling, trade education/engagement tools). This role will also be responsible for managing the annual brand budget as well as monthly brand/category business analytics/reviews. The position will work directly with Trade Marketing, Sales, Finance, and external agencies to ensure the online programs are in line with overall brand strategy.
Responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, and measurement of below-the-line programs in support of the US Strategic Plan:
- Partner with the Sr. Brand Director and Sr. Brand Manager to evolve and optimize brand strategy, balancing strategic equity objectives with commercial needs.
- Develop quarterly BTL programming for the on and off premise from brief to execution to measurement.
- The role will drive volume, value, and share growth through the development and expansion of effective trade tools and partnerships.
- Responsible for briefing and management of shopper marketing agencies as well as POS design/production agencies.
- Manage all POS and merchandising playbooks from design to execution. Adherence to timelines and budget is critical to ensure all POS tools are delivered on-time and in an cost efficient manner.
- Manage all brand partnerships and partner closely with National Accounts and trade marketing to ensure full adoption & execution of co-branded programming.
- Partner with Senior Brand Manager and media agency on media-led commercial programming to ensure holistic online to offline execution.
- Develop quarterly program decks to be shared across brand marketing, trade marketing, and sales team.
- Establish tracking and reporting processes to monitor and correlate activities to display execution, sales, and ROI.
- Identify emerging opportunities across on and off trade channels and develop test & learn scenarios to quickly adapt for future programming.
- Full ownership and management of annual budget to ensure proper phasing, tracking, and reconciliation of marketing A&P.
- Manage and regularly update a detailed budget tracker, to be shared across brand marketing and finance.
- Manage all PO creation, documentation, tracking, invoice submission, and Goods Receipt processes.
- Work closely with brand finance controller to regularly report any risks & opportunities with budget.
- Report on monthly business/category performance and competitive analysis.
- Regular reporting of brand/category performance through data analysis of Nielsen, NABCA/DISCUS, IWSR, internal RAD sources.
- Develop and manage brand KPI tracker for volume, distribution, and velocity targets.
- Regular competitive analysis and reporting of new risks and opportunities within the spirits industry.
- Work closely with brand finance controller as well as business intelligence team to convert data into insights and action.
Work cross-functionally and establish key relationships both internally and externally:
· Internal: US Brand Marketing, Global Brand Team, US Trade Marketing, National Accounts, Sales and Field Activation Team, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Business Intelligence.
- External: Shopper Marketing, Design, POS production vendors.