Remy Cointreau is seeking a highly motivated sales professional to contribute to the acceleration of its National Accounts Off Premise business.
This individual will be responsible for the development of joint business plans and will play a critical role in delivering business objectives, securing distribution, and maximizing brand development through programming with the assigned retailers.
The National Account Manager will establish strong business relationships with accounts’ decision makers and distributor partners, ensuring Remy Cointreau is a partner of choice and is ultimately, gaining more than its fair share of both in store and E-Commerce business.
This position is based in Chicago and reports to the US National Accounts Director.
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with National Chains (Kroger, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Walgreens, Target) and Midwest Regional Chains (Jewel Osco, Costco Midwest, Meijer…)
• Deliver RCUSA annual sales objectives and KPIs within the assigned accounts in conjunction with distributor partners and local leadership team
• Develop and deliver fact-based selling presentations to secure new distribution and promotional activity
• Work in conjunction with Trade Marketing, Brand Teams, Finance, distributors, third party partners and agencies to develop, implement and execute initiatives that deliver on sales objectives and increase the presence and visibility of our brands within the assigned accounts
• Work in conjunction with E-Commerce National Account Manager to drive digital shelf/programming advancement and increase share in e-retailers’ space
• Manage budget allocations, monitor spending, and conduct ROI analysis on major programs executed within assigned accounts making appropriate recommendations for future investments
• Monitor accounts/brands performance and program results through Nielsen/IRI, in-market surveys, and Distributor reporting to ensure volume targets and sell-through objectives (display, distribution, merchandising) in the assigned accounts are achieved
• Monitor market conditions and competitive activity, assess for opportunities, and provides feedback and insights to Sales leads
• Ensure price strategies are executed in assigned accounts and price integrity is adhered to
• Effectively communicate all National Account programs to Sales, Marketing teams and to Distributor management to ensure exceptional execution and visual merchandising of approved programs
• Conduct regular business meetings with assigned distributor teams to ensure accounts’ annual business plans are being executed as planned and adjusted as needed to ensure achievement of sales objectives at account level
• Leverage distributor teams and network to support accounts’ key initiatives and plans
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience calling on major National Accounts off premise
• Experience calling on Kroger, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Walgreens, Target, Jewel Osco, Costco Midwest, Meijer strongly preferred
• Experience in utilizing syndicated data to build fact based selling presentation (i.e.: Nielsen, IRI)
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Sales Experience in CPG, Retailer or Food/Alcohol beverage industry
• Experience with distributor management is strongly preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
• Strong presentation skills with ability to present internally and externally (retailers and distributors)
• Skilled in relationship building and negotiation
• Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize in fast-paced environment
• Ability to take initiative, be proactive and problem-solve
• Customer driven and consumer focused
• Understanding of the e-commerce retail landscape
• Home based with moderate travel across the US (30%), to attend meetings with accounts and distributor, conduct market visits and surveys. Position will require some nights and weekends for special events, including customer outings, industry events and internal trainings and sales meetings.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rémy Cointreau USA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The Company also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals to assist in the hiring process and to qualified individuals with disabilities in the performance of essential job functions without imposing a hardship on the Company, as required by federal, state or local law. The Company also is committed to accommodating religious beliefs.