The Senior Field Marketing Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the Business Unit’s profit and volume goals through assisting with the creation, implementation, and execution of the strategically sound Business Unit/Regional Marketing Plan. The Sr Field Marketing Manager is positioned against our Company’s key priority markets. This role sits in Chicago
The Sr Field Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for five specific areas:
- Work closely with the Region Director executing the Annual Budget, and local market initiatives
- Lead and Direct the Planning Process
- Manage the Marketing Effectiveness Process (program evaluation and Key Results Activities),
- Work closely with the Sales Team to help manage and coordinate all field marketing programs, execution and budgets.
- Brand Education at the regional level including distributor personnel training and to also act as a liaison with the local trade marketing team at the distributor level.
The successful candidate must have strong understanding of both consumer marketing and field sales, including analytical problem-solving ability, exceptional planning, and budgeting skills. Working knowledge of distribution network, retail customers, consumer purchasing dynamics, syndicated data systems, and proven experience in developing local marketing plans. This individual will work closely with the regional sales teams, marketing, and cross functional stakeholders.
Manages the rollout and communication of commercial programming
- Leads communication of program details and sales action plans.
- Ensures efficient allocation and spending of local budgets and monitors spending in the regional markets to ensure funding behind strategic priorities.
- Ensure alignment across Sales and Marketing on all below-the-line programs.
- Evaluates and measures success and shares best practices.
- Translate market trends and consumer insights to sustain a highly competitive product portfolio and compelling value proposition.
- Develop, maintain and update brand standards, style guides, brand assets (sales materials, presentations, websites, retail point of sale displays, signage and menu suggestions, brand photography, etc.), maintain relevant brand identities based on consumer demand and market needs
Actively supports BU/regional sales planning process
- Partners with regional sales team to lead collaborative planning sessions with distributor partners.
- Manage development and execution of the annual marketing plan for the brand across multiple channels
- Contribute to development and implementation of brand growth strategy and ensuring flawless execution of consumer brand initiatives
- Leads development of local programs in-line with brand guidelines.
- Leads POSM ordering process
- Leads strategic planning of local A&P budgets
- Oversees retrospection by working with sales to gain critical feedback and review results for all key program activities to help determine program effectiveness.
Regional Authority on Brand Execution Standards and agency partnerships:
- Communicates brand visual merchandising standards
- Regularly reviews execution of visual merchandising standards through BDP and provides feedback to regional directors
- Manages local sampling agency partnerships and oversees field led activation execution.
Proactively innovates with new solutions
- Utilizes new and emerging technologies to help drive execution, compliance, and find new opportunities
- Disciplined Project and Process Management
- Ability to discern brand standards and visual guidelines
- Effective and Structured Communication and Meeting Management Skills
- Strong Digital Organization Skills and Usage of New Technologies
- Innovative: Seeks improvements and efficiencies in all areas
- Ability to Empathize with Colleagues and Customers
- Ability to Filter Feedback to Drive Action and Improvement