The State Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the Divisional profit and volume goals by working directly with the Distributor in the development, presentation, and implementation of all local Divisional marketing and sales programming. This position will be located in the Philadelphia Metro Area
• Manage all On and Off – Premise sales activity as it relates to their territory including but not limited to sales distribution, programming, sales activation, pricing and account management.
• Work with assigned distributor personnel to coordinate all activity related to the marketplace.
• Present in advance all sales programs to the portfolio manager & sales leaders for activation.
• Work with Trade Marketing Manager to insure validity before distributor presentation.
• Develop plans to meet or exceed all sales goals for the assigned territory.
• Responsible for managing the local sales team to insure they are executing their assigned tasks of sales distribution, programming, account activation and support while coordinating the efforts with the distributor sales team, Primary point of contact for distributor sales meetings related to their territory.
• Assist the Regional Sales Director and Finance team in preparations for all distributor QBR’s and lead the QBR in all secondary markets.
• Work with Trade Marketing in the development and execution of all national programs as well as local planning meetings.
• Work closely with Regional Sales Director and Finance team in monthly forecasts to include direct responsibility for entering forecasts, mid months, and final flash reports. This would include assisting the Regional Sales Director with information related to competitive activity.
• Work closely with distributor sales leaders to maximize business opportunities in specific key accounts.
• Define and implement various sales programs and measure the results throughout the process to completion.
• Execute all local market programming as validated in the Planning meeting via SAP. Working closely with Sales Managers to define a sales incentive by setting up the KPIs of the program, the timetable and the cost).
• Work closely with the Trade Marketing Director to ensure that the FPP calendars are properly maintained.
• Work with the Trade Marketing Directing to ensure the proper use of Point of Sales, including managing the Point of Sales inventory within distributor warehouses.
• Drive the strategic monitoring and communication of competitive intelligence (evolution in the strategy of our competitors especially for pricing, innovation and new product releases).
• Set up action plans to meet KPIs and ensure compliance with all market visitor needs and coordinate results with Trade Marketing.
• Monitor and operate within price marketing and stated travelling budget.