Rémy Cointreau, a French spirits group, has an exciting opportunity for a high-performing Trade Marketing Manager across The Accelerator Brand Portfolio, which includes Cointreau, The Botanist, Mount Gay, Bruichladdich, St-Rémy, Belle De Brillet and Metaxa.
The Trade Marketing Manager will serve as the key link between the brand teams and the commercial organization. It will be crucial for this role to make both sides of the business understand each other’s needs by making sure sales executes brand plans and marketing helps builds programs that drive consumer demand in the market.
This is both a strategic and tactically-oriented role, focused on interpreting the brand strategy and applying insights to build commercially relevant brand program concepts that deliver business objectives. They will work closely with brand marketing, field sales, distributor partners and agency partners to develop brand activation programs that are innovative, high-impact, grounded in commercial reality, and consistently executed across the U.S.
The Accelerator Brand Portfolio is part of Rémy Cointreau, a French spirits group with a portfolio of exceptional brands, such as The House of Rémy Martin, Cointreau, Mount Gay Rum, and many others. Each of these brands embodies unique expertise and heritage, but all share the same love of terroir and a culture of excellence.
The salary range for this role based is $130,000-$150,000. Actual base salary may vary based upon but not limited to, relevant experience, business sector, and geographic location.
Commercial Planning and Development:
- Work closely with brand teams on cross-portfolio projects and initiatives including digital assets, trade advocacy events, consumer-facing events, and sponsorships.
- Brand Team lead for the Brand Ambassador Team, working with key stakeholders to create and communicate playbooks, contribute to KPI goals & management and execution recaps.
- Team lead for Rémy Cointreau Sales Specialist Team, working with key stakeholders to create and communicate programs, playbooks, KPI input & management and execution recaps.
- Work with brand teams to develop brand and channel standards and guidelines.
- Lead sampling agency management.
- Lead the creation of cross-portfolio selling tools to ensure proper prioritization, quality, and viability.
- Share best practices with brand team members and utilize those learnings in future planning.
Internal Relationship Management
- Maintain and communicate yearly priority calendar with input from Commercial Excellence and brand team.
- Work with Commercial Excellence team to measure and evaluate success of programs, sharing best practices for future iterations.
- Works with RC sales leads to address regional risks and opportunities.
- Manage trade engagement programs such as distributor activations and distillery trips.
- Collaborate with field teams on local sales and marketing opportunities.
External Relationship Management
- Conduct regular market visits with distributor partners to keep current on market trends and proactively make program recommendations to optimize opportunities and mitigate threats.
- Work with distributor leads to gain share of voice and priority within distributor sales teams.
- Engage and oversee 3rd party agency as needed to support with the ideation and creation of program materials
- Strong support to field sales.
- Recap performance and progress with supervisor and team on a regular basis.
- Create an environment of transparency and consistency with team members.[CS5]
- 7-10 years’ experience in US trade marketing / customer marketing / brand management.
- Leadership and mentoring/coaching skills.
- Strong business/commercial strategy experience.
- Strong sales experience, distributor, or trade marketing experience with commercial orientation, field marketing, planning customer, marketing communications, and influencing skills.
- US Beverage Alcohol industry experience.
- Exceptional organizational/prioritization skills.
- Detail-oriented with good financial acumen.
- Program creation, execution, and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, 3rd party agencies and vendors.
- Age requirement 21 and above